December 12, 2013

what i ate wednesday : testing, testing

happy wednesday!

today's what i ate wednesday photos are recipes that i tested and really loved...



I'm hooked on this stuff! 
I've tried several raw granola recipes, and this one is the easiest and best tasting. 
Although Gena recommends a dehydrator for this, I cooked mine for several hours on the lowest temperature setting on my oven (around 115 degrees). 
Baking it at 350 for 30-40 minutes supposedly works well too.



Cookies for breakfast? Hella good!
I made these cookies for my "little taste tester" before school and he loved them!
The original recipe called for raisins but I added chocolate chunks and mini chips instead.
Chocolate for breakfast? I say YES!



 If you're looking for something to do with the leftover nut pulp from nut mylk, these cookies are the perfect solution. 
I may have found my new favorite chocolate frosting too.
You will either love me or loathe me for sharing this recipe with you. 

There is no recipe for the next one


This is just a simple bean and lentil salad that I threw together.



Sweet potato, red bell pepper, tomato, cabbage and kale in a perfect not-to-spicy broth.
I WILL be making this again! It's that good! 



These savory little bites of goodness are soooo good! 
If you've never tried nutritional yeast, this is the perfect recipe for it.
And honestly, they really DO taste like pizza! :)

Special thanks to my favorite sweet pea, Jenn for hosting the what i ate wednesday party on her blog.
If you want to see what other people around the blogging world eat, visit Jenn's blog
You'll probably find something you really like.


8 comments:

  1. Looks like you and the little man have been eating good. What all did you include in your lentil & bean salad? It looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eating good food is definitely at the top of my list. I prefer to spend my money on healthy food rather than clothes or shoes lol.

      The lentil bean salad was something I just threw together and it turned out really great! Kidney beans, chickpeas, green lentils, red onion, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, cilantro, evoo, red wine vinegar. Will try to get a recipe up for this soon :)

      Delete
  2. That lentil and bean salad looks amazing, I'm all over salads like that at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are good, Maria! I'm going to try to emulate and eat healthy like you do. I second everyone, that salad looks and sounds good, so does the stew. Love the cornucopia of all the good & healthful meals! XOXO, Angie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many goodies here! I have a laundry list down to my ankles of recipes I want to make! I really need to start making my way through everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! You and me both! Let's go down to the laundromat..and talk it up like yeah (Yeah)! :)

      Delete