November 18, 2013

mimm : do you want to know a secret ?

My girlfriend Kim is a big believer in "The Secret" and it's concept of 'ask, believe, receive'.

According to Kim, it's all about the laws of attraction and the universe giving you all that you ask for.
Obviously the book and movie were (and are) quite controversial and I most definitely don't want to start a blog debate, but I'm starting to see more and more what Kim means.

I'm sure there are more than a couple of you out there thinking "is she for real?"

I assure you I am. 
because.this.shit.works.
don't believe me???

take inventory of ALL the goodies I've won in just a little over a year :

- this cute little turtle ring.
- $500 cash prize from here.
- a 3 month gym membership here.
- this necklace.
- a bang buster headband from this lovely gal.
- movie tickets from cineplex odeon (plus free movies with my scene card).
- $75 visa card from this awesome ottawa foodie.
- this inspirational book that everyone is talking about.
-  mala beads from here.
- 5 different flavors of healthy bites from everyone's favorite sherpa.
- a scholarship to this school.
- paperless kitchen products from one green planet.
- blogiversary giveaway from miss polkadot.
- this book from barrie davenport.
- and more.

That's alot of free stuff and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

I figure if I can use The Secret on things other than winning blog contests, I might be spending the winter in Australia (where it's summer right now) or maybe even win the lottery :)

But that's not what I really want...

What I want is not exactly clear to me RIGHT meow.


That's right! I said it :

I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WANT

but I DO KNOW WHAT I DON'T WANT.

Oprah says "Knowing what you don't want is important  - and is essential to help you understand what you do want.

"The law of attraction is eavesdropping on the vibes we are sending," she says. "As we talk about the things we do want, we will get more of it. That clarity sends out a nice positive vibration, and that is what the law of attraction is responding to."

Supposedly, what I want will become very clear and will be the focal point of my conversations with others.

Since I already know what I don't want, now I can get clear about what I do want.


So that's basically where I'm at in my life right now and I am okay with that. It's a little exciting for me actually :)

Whether or not you believe in this sort of stuff or not, I would like to reach out to you and give you a big hug.

Because sometimes all you need is a hug.

Thank you for reading my thoughts as they are put out into the Universe.

Have a marvelous Monday!

big hugs to Katie for hosting the party for us ♥

Do you believe in The Secret / Law of Attraction?
Are you clear about what you want / don't want your life to look like?
What is one thing you feel marvelous about today?

I would really LOVE to hear your thoughts on this.

12 comments:

  1. I'm not sure if my first comment went through but I had said:
    Oh Yes, I believe in The Secret! Have you read You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so funny that you mention that book because that's one of the other books that my friend Kim mentioned :) thank you for the suggestion!

      This universe sure works in mysterious ways

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of the secret!!! But now I will be spending the next 20 mins reading up on it! Also I can't believe how many things you've won! I won one giveaway but then it turned out they forget to write it was only open to Americans....bummer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shhh..it's a secret! Please tell everyone (if they don't already know). When you have a chance, you should check it out though..pretty neat stuff!

      Funny you mention that because I've also caught myself entering giveaways for U.S. residents only. ugh! Now I read through the fine print/terms and conditions just to be sure :D still, a real bummer!

      Delete
  3. That is ridiculous and wonderful that you have won allll those things! Also...thanks for the "hug," I totally agree that sometimes everybody just needs a hug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same thing after winning a few times :) i learned that the more i focused on something (in my case winning stuff), the more i will attract that into my life.

      and your welcome *hugs

      Delete
  4. I loved reading The Secret many years ago and seeing the movie too. I think it has a lot of great points in it about manifestation but I also think it can take some action too but it has been interesting to look at goals and wishes I wrote down years ago and looked back at and went wow I have actually ticked a lot of those off without realizing it.

    That kitten picture, straight up amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, i agree with you Jan! and in general, I'd say that The Secret is worth reading, but I don't think it is the ultimate solution for the world's problems. It did help me believe, feel, and imagine what I want to happen and it has definitely helped me be happy and grateful for my life right now.

      and I love that little kitty too :D

      Delete
  5. I WILL BELIEVE IN THE SECRET NOW!! ah ah aha!!! I know what I am doing right now in order to achieve my career goals is paying off, which is why I am going to KEEP ON GOING. Every day my dreams become reality and I couldn't be HAPPIER!!! You have to convince yourself that they're going to happen and they WILL :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SEE..you ALREADY use the Secret..and you probably didn't even know it :D

      Delete
  6. I think I'd like to believe that if I put it out there, it'll happen - but I've got to do work towards it too! Amazing that you've won so many contests!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of Course! What you want in life WILL come to you - it all starts with your thoughts..and grows from there..and as long as you keep doing the work, I believe you CAN get to where you WANT to go :)

      Delete

Sharing is Caring...