December 3, 2012

a letter to Santa + christmas cookies

Today is Day Two of the 25 Days of Blogging Christmas Challenge. If you'd like to read about what day one was like, head over here to check it out.



I don't usually ask for anything for Christmas but I wanted to put in a special request for the holidays. Instead of writing a Christmas wish list, I chose to write a letter to Santa:

My body has put up with alot from me - especially during the last two years: I've abused it and overused it. I've overfed it and underslept it. I tense it and twist it. Yet rarely do I appreciate it. Nonetheless, whenever I need it to, it's there for me and it still works for me.

I will continue to work on really loving, accepting, and approving myself EXACTLY AS I AM because when I do, everything in my life works that much better. I've already noticed that when I do this, it's as if little miracles appear everywhere. My health improves, I attract more money, my relationships with others become much more fulfilling, and I'm able to express myself in creatively fulfilling ways. All this seems to happen without even trying.

Loving and approving of myself, creating a space of safety, trusting and deserving and accepting, creates organization in my mind, creates more loving relationships in my life, has helped me attract a new and better place to live, and has even enabled my body weight to normalize.

When you love yourself and your body, you neither abuse yourself nor others.

Self-approval and self-acceptance in the now are my main keys to positive changes in every area of my life. I don't care what it is - poor health, lack of money, unfulfilling relationships, or the lack of creativity - when there is a problem, there is only one thing I ever need to work on, and that is LOVING MYSELF.

For me, loving myself begins with never ever criticizing myself for anything. Criticism locks me into the very pattern that I am trying to change. Understanding and being gentler with myself helps me move out of it. I criticized myself for years, and it never worked. When I finally started approving of myself, magical things started to happen (and will continue to happen) in my life.

**
Ginger Molasses Cookies
Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Naturally Sweetened











Ingredients:


  • 2 1/4 cups almond flour or almond meal
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tsp ginger
  • 1/2 tsp allspice
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 3/4 cup coconut palm sugar or cane sugar or 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup + 1 TBSP molasses
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 TBSP chia seed/flax seed combined with 6 TBSP water (or use 1 egg)


  • Directions:

    1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
    2. Mix the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
    3. In a large bowl, mix together the coconut oil and sugar (or honey). Add chia, flax, or egg, molasses, and vanilla. Stir well.
    4. Add the dry mix to the wet mix and stir, just until combined. It will be like batter at this point.
    5. Chill in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes or until it's firm like regular cookie dough.
    6. Form into 1 1/2" balls and place on a cookie sheet about 1 1/2" apart. *There's no need to flatten them.
    7. Bake for 12-14 minutes. Check after 10 minutes. *They'll crack a little (that's good!) and will still be soft.
    8. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
    9. Place 3-4 cookies on a plate and leave them out for Santa.
    What's on your Christmas Wish List this year?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment