November 6, 2012

Marvelous in My Monday #8

Hello marvelous Lovelies! Happy Monday!

"I Don't Like Mondays" is a song by the Boomtown Rats and was the #1 single in the UK for 4 weeks in 1979 (the year I was born). Source

Who would ever want to be in a band called the Boomtown Rats? No wonder they didn't like their Mondays!

"Manic Monday", sung by The Bangles, was written by Prince, under the pseudonym "Christopher", a character he played in the film Under the Cherry Moon.

Supposedly, Prince gave the song to The Bangles lead singer Susanna Hoffs, so that in return she would sleep with him. Source

Thankgoodness I'm not manic - and with a little help from one of my favourite blends, the ever-so-lovely Miss Katie, I Do Like Mondays!

Visit Katie at Healthy Diva Eats for even more marvelous-ness
Here's what I'm feeling marvelous about today:

1. Healthy Bites arrived in the mail today. I came home and discovered these marvelous little balls in my box. Sweetgoodness! Lindsay (Cotter Crunch) hosted a giveaway on her blog a few weeks ago and I WON!! A dozen Healthy Bites.

Lindsay is a certified Nutrition Manager and Fitness Consultant and her husband is a professional triathlete. In a quest to help her husband find healthy pre and post recovery snacks, she created Healthy Bites, all-natural, gluten-free, organic bite-sized balls of sweet goodness.

Lindsay sent me 5 different flavors of Healthy Bites: Apple Peach Raisin Cinnamon, Pineapple Ginger Marshmallow, Mint, Muddy Buddy, and Cookie Dough. This was a complete surprise because I thought I was only getting one flavor to try.

As soon as I saw the Pineapple Ginger Marshmallow bite, I thought "This is the one for me!" I love roasting/toasting marshmallows on a campfire but regular marshmallows are a no-no for me and Lindsay obviously uses an all-natural (I assume vegan) marshmallow alternative. I was surprised at how smooth this bite was to eat. No chunks, which I love! It has a perfect tropical pineapple flavor with just enough ginger kick. Love it!

My little "Taste Tester" wanted to try the Mint bite, which came as no surprise as he's a big fan of anything that combines mint with chocolate. As soon as he took his first bite, I watched his eyes roll into the back of his head with pleasure and delight. Ha! SOLD!

Healthy Bites are a winner in this house, no doubt. I can't wait for tomorrow so I can eat some more :)

2. I finally finished reading Catching Fire-the second book from the Hunger Games trilogy.


I didn't read the first book, "The Hunger Games", however, I DID watch the movie a few weeks ago and I’ll be the first to say that it is highly addictive. If you haven't seen it or read the books, I ghighly suggest checking it out.

You see, I’m a movie addict. I love stimulation. I love the art and craft of creating words into visuals. I crave the opportunity to lose myself in make-believe worlds. But, after watching The Hunger Games—despite the fact that the acting was excellent, my psyche and my soul couldn’t take anymore.

Yet, it was only a matter of time before I got over the shock from The Hunger Games. Then, I wanted more. I bought Catching Fire and reading it became my nighttime ritual for the last couple of weeks. Now that I've finished reading it, I MUST go to the bookstore to buy Mockingjay, the third and final installment of the trilogy.

3. Accent Vlog-My 1st Video EVER!

I found this on Jessie's Blog (Jessie Loves To Run)

The instructions are:

Say These Words: Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught.

And

Answer These Questions:
What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
What do you call gym shoes?
What do you say to address a group of people?
What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped body and extremely long legs?
What do you call your grandparents?
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
What is the thing you use to change the TV channel?




My little "Taste Tester" did an awesome job filming, right?! I couldn't have done this without him :)

Oh -and I forgot to mention that I'm a country girl from a tiny little town called Williamstown in Ontario, Canada. Williamstown is about an hour and a half outside of Ottawa Ontario (the capital of Canada).  Now, I live in Ottawa and I have been here for almost 10 years.

So...What do you think? Do I have an accent? I don't think I have an accent.
If you've done the accent vlog, let me know ok. I'd love to see it!
What was marvelous about your Monday?

4 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS! I love how full of energy you are girl. You have quite a bubbly personality, which I find to be awesome! && how could I possibly not comment on how ADORABLE James is. I didn't know that daddy long leg fact either. Pure genius he is :)
    **Thanks for the sweet shout out too btw**

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're awesome Jessie! Like I said, I never would've posted had it not been for you. You certainly got me out of my comfort zone today (and on other days too when I wasn't planning to post)..and I am forever grateful for our connection in this little land of blogging!

      James certainly surprised me with that fun fact - he "read it in a book" lol what a cutie! I'll tell him you said that btw, it'll make him smile for sure :)
      **And - Of course I would! Hugs**

      Delete
  2. I love these accent vlogs! I need to do one! :) Don't you just love Lindsay and her Healthy Bites?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looooove Lindsay's Healthy Bites! They're the perfect little bite when you need a little boost of sweet goodness! And, yes - you should do a vlog, seriously! it's a little intimidating at first, but once it's over I swear you'll want to do another :))

      Delete