September 12, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday #7

Fall is the season of letting go...like the falling leaves from the trees.  Time to clear away old baggage, to let go of old energies like fear and stress, and make room for all of the wonderful things that want to grow in your life; love, peace, radiant health, joy, connection to your Higher Self , etc.
I love the Fall season and its change of pace: the slower, sluggish mornings, the daily walks in the crisp fresh air, the evenings spent with a good book. We also seem to be naturally seem to be 'calling it a day' earlier, becoming more attuned to the sun's rhythm, I suppose. It is my favorite time of the year.

Something else usually happens in the Fall...we tend to start eating more.  Our bodies start adjusting to the cooler temperatures and the piling up of layers of clothing. And of course, reveling in the ongoing challenge of playing with new flavors and textures.

What a fantastic way to kick off this week's edition of What I Ate Wednesday. 
Thank you again to the lovely miss Jenn for this brilliant idea xo

Start Breakfast with Green Juice/Smoothies filled with Fresh Fruits & Vegetables!  
I design smoothies that work for me and help me maintain a healthy weight and creative thought.
Green juices/smoothies supply you with the required minerals, fatty acids beneficial protein, vitamins, and water, whatever your body and mind needs, depending how you make them. They may not work for everyone but they sure do work for me. 

Quick Nutritious Lunches Keep Me Going Without Slowing Me Down!
Super Nutrient Dense Salads feed my body with fiber, essential vitamins, and minerals to help keep me going throughout the day..awesome!
Packed with fresh greens like spinach, kale, swiss chard, sprouts, or cabbage, fresh salads are Mother Nature's fast food! Add your favorite superfoods like goji berries, hemp seeds, chia seeds, nuts, raisins, or other dried fruits. Fresh salads have such high water content too...ahhhh hydration!

"Almost Like A Gourmet Restaurant" Raw Food Dinners!
Dinner is new and exciting at our house. Fresh, organic fruits, vegetables, sprouts, seeds, and nuts are prepared in such a way that they easily become healthy versions of familiar cooked foods that literally blow your mind with their flavor, texture, and satisfying heartiness. 
Everything from raw pizza, to burgers, to lasagna, to fettuccini alfredo, to ice cream can be prepared using raw, 100% vegan foods. Best of all, with a few exceptions of course, you can eat as much raw, whole food as you want without gaining weight. You won't feel hungry and you won't feel deprived.

I always loooove the simplicity of wraps.  Here are a few of my favorite fillings:
In The Mood For Dessert?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Lately I've been snacking on raw chocolate, which is so simple and easy to make: 1/3 cup melted Coconut Oil, 1/4 cup Cacao Powder, and 1/4 cup pure Maple Syrup. Add in almonds, hazelnuts, raisins, dried cherries, hemp seeds, coconut, or whatever it is your heart desires.  Pour onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.  Freeze until set.  Cut into pieces and store in the fridge.  YUM! 

It's cheaper than buying one of these babies, that's for sure!
At $7.00 a pop, it was the perfect thing for me to snack on that one particular day when I was at the health food store and desperately NEEDED chocolate! :) 
 
Enjoy! xo Maria...and "The Taste Tester" too!

2 comments:

  1. YUMMO - all your eats look so vibrant, delicious and just bursting with nutrition :) Coconut oil "chocolate" is an every day eat for me - coconut oil is so ridiculously good for you (not to mention delicious!) Even though we are heading into Spring on this side of the globe... I LOVE Autumn... the colours of nature especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lou! Healthy living/foods are my passion :) I love it when the food I eat screams life! Happy to hear you love coconut oil chocolate just as much as I do teehee :D I've been noticing that my body isn't quite embracing the transition from Summer to Autumn yet..I've been craving warm carbs..this is a first since I started eating raw foods in the Spring. I'll have to check your blog for some ideas and inspiration. Everything looks incredible btw! :) xo

      Delete