July 18, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday #4

Welcome to another edition of What I Ate Wednesday. If you'd like to join this weekly program or  to learn more about it, please visit Jenn's blog @ Peas and Crayons for more information.


"My Little Taste Tester" is on summer holidays so he joined me this week for his very first Parliament Hill Yoga class.  He was amazing! 

I could easily see how naturally he developed his own self-awareness by observing his body and his thoughts during our session. Whether balancing gracefully in tree pose, or falling out of it after just a few seconds, it didn't matter.

I could tell he felt magnificent in his incredible little body.


This was his first experience doing yoga with me, which made my heart sing!



1059 yogis and yoginis attended Yoga with Nigel Walker - the biggest class yet!
I was so grateful that I was able to share this experience with my son.

Thank you Nigel! You are amazing!

Here's what I ate:


I started the day off with a fantastic Liver Flush Drink: extra virgin olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, freshly squeezed OJ grapefruit juice, garlic, ginger, and cayenne pepper. I actually love this drink! It really helps the liver work wonders. Try it, I dare you!!
Prior to my yoga session, I snacked on a new raw superfood bar that I found on the shelf at my favorite health food store: Cherry Pecan raw - more superfood paleo bar.

Packed full of raw ingredients like Organic Soaked Cashews, Organic Soaked Almonds, Sprouted Sunflower Seeds, Organic Sprouted Buckwheat, Organic Black Cherries, Organic Pecans, Organic Golden Flax Seed, Chia Seeds, Organic Dates, Raw Agave Nectar, Organic Sea Vegetables (Spirulia, Chlorella, Blue Green Algae E3 Live), Organic Vanilla, and Extra Virgin Raw Organic Coconut Oil.

I've tried so many different kinds of bars over the years. This was by far the best bar I've ever had!
After yoga, I ate some Quinoa Tabouleh Salad that I made the night before. It tasted so much better after sitting in the fridge overnight, allowing the flavors to combine together like magic!

The original recipe calls for either 2 cups of raw green peas or seven two-week-old eggs. I don't eat eggs so I used green peas.  Just the thought of having eggs and quinoa sounds kinda crazy! I had a few Kalamata Olives on the side. I looooooove kalamata olives but I don't buy them very often so this was a treat.  "My Little Taste Tester" loves them too!

Late in the afternoon, I ate a yummy Blueberry, Raspberry, Blackberry, and Strawberry popsicle. I've been on a popsicle-making spree lately and this was the perfect treat to eat on a hot summer day. Delicious and sooooo refreshing!!

For dinner, I had Hemp Sun Burgers on Sunflower Bread. Both of these recipes are from organic chef and author Ani Phyo. The burger was packed full of flavor and the sunflower bread was perfect! I even dehydrated the leftover pieces of bread until they were very crispy and used them to dip in hummus the following day.

That's my adventure with fun, food, and fitness this week.

Sending out a big thank you to Jenn @ Peas and Crayons for creating What I Ate Wednesday and to Lululemon Athletica and Nigel Walker for another incredible yoga session on Parliament Hill. 

...and always have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment