June 30, 2012

June Foodie Penpals

The Lean Green Bean
This is my second time participating in the Foodie Penpals program.  If you'd like to participate, you can go here to sign up.

My June Foodie Penpal package was sent to me from shoe lover and cake baker Trina @ Will Cook For Shoes. I let Trina know in advance that I'm eating raw vegan so she took this into consideration and mailed me a package full of things that I've never tried before.

Here's a peek inside the box that I received from Trina:
The Taste Tester liked the Bubble Wrap best!
Trina's package included all things that I've never seen before, which I loved.
Fattoria Poggio Alloro Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
I've never seen this brand of olive oil before so I was quite anxious to try it out.  I visited the Fattoria Poggio Alloro website and I noticed that the olives are obtained by manual harvesting from more than 1000 trees that grow in perfect symbiosis with other cultures. Trees of the most typically Tuscan tradition such as Frantoiano, Moraiolo and Leccino.

I cracked the bottle open immediately and licked some right off the spoon, my ideal way of consumption. With a low acidity, it's fragrant and fruity and has an intense olive green color.  I've enjoyed it so far with a fresh batch of chipotle hummus (recipe to follow) and fresh veggies.
Navitas Naturals Coconut Palm Sugar
This is another product I've never even heard of before so I'm quite interested in what I can do with it. After visiting Navitas Naturals, I noticed that it's Certified Organic, Raw, and Kosher which is right up my alley.  I also read that coconut palm sugar can be used as a 1:1 substitute for cane sugar. It rapidly dissolves into liquids and wet doughs making it perfect for just about any application. Whether adding it to coffee & tea, special desserts, or classic baking recipes, palm sugar easily earns its reputation of being a superfood. Offering a unique caramel sweetness on top of its ease of use and health benefits, palm sugar is one of the most exciting new sweeteners for both the everyday sweet tooth and health-seeker alike. Sure sounds great to me! 

MacroLife Naturals Miracle Reds bar
I'm a big fan of bars. I like to take them with me when I'm on-the-go and I'm always on the lookout for a new bar that I've never tried before. Everything about this bar was fantastic! I loved the flavor, the texture, and the fact that all of the ingredients are Certified Organic: Brazil Nuts, Dates, Agave, Cranberries, Raspberries, and more. 

I've never seen this bar before but now that I've tried it, I'll have to keep a good lookout for them.  I even emailed the company directly to ask if they know where I can find them in Ottawa :)
The Taste Tester 's opinion? Thumb Up!
Sending big hugs to Trina :) Thank you soooo much!! xo

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you got some interesting things! I just love this program!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some interesting things to work with, that's for sure! I've been online reading recipes all day jk/lol :) loooove foodie penpals too!!

      Delete