May 2, 2012

April Foodie Penpals Reveal Day!


foodiepal stamp2 Foodie Penpals

This month, I participated in Foodie Penpals. Lindsay at The Lean Green Bean started Foodie Penpals with about 30 participants in September 2011. Now, there are over 600 participants in the US, Canada, and the UK.

I am a lover of all things food so when I read about this program, I had to sign up...and I'm so happy I did!

Suzi at Confessions of a Fitness Instructor sent me a box full of goodies and I sent Michelle at Push. Pump. Progress a box in return. If you're curious, head on over to Michelle's blog to see what I put in her package.

I asked Suzi to send me a few of her favorite things...and she certainly did!

Here's a peek inside:
Fundy Dulse: Suzi mentioned that she "actually doesn't like dulse very much but thought she should send some since it's a very Maritime kind of snack.

I never tried dulse before so I was curious. When I tasted it, I immediately wished I hadn't. I didn't like it all all! I wish I had captured my facial expression on camera.


I'm a big believer in second chances though so I decided to give it another try, just to be sure. Dulse is not as bad the second time around, but still intolerable.  

It's funny though because as I sit here, I am currently snacking on dulse. I don't know what happened but I wanted something salty (and fishy apparently). It's the perfect thing for me at this moment in time. 

Just Us! Midnight Mint Fine Chocolate: I'm not a fan of mint and chocolate but "My Little Taste Tester" is. Suzi wrote that "this chocolate is made just 20 minutes from where I live!" in Nova Scotia.

I'll bet their coffee is amazing?!


SunRype Fruit To Go: are fruit snacks that I've actually bought before. These were different from the ones I'm used to though. These had groovy strips on them instead of the typical smooth, flat texture I'm used to.  They're bursting with great flavor!

I shared them with The Taste Tester.  He loves them.


Covered Bridge Old Fashioned Kettle Cooked Potato Chips: these babies are all natural, no artificial colors or preservatives, no trans fats, and they're certified gluten free and cholesterol free.

I loooooove these chips. The first time I tried these chips was when I was with my Mom. I think the only reason she bought them was because my Dad built this bridge on our property when I was a little girl. I think they reminded  her of where home used to be. Now that my parents live in the city, we're no longer able to enjoy the bridge like we used to.
Our Little Old Covered Bridge

Suzi's Homemade Granola: Suzi thought it might not make the trip without being "smashed up into granola bits", but let me tell you, even though there were a few crumblies at the bottom of the bag, but it didn't matter. I ate those for breakfast, topped with banana, coconut, and almond milk. Yum!

Suzi gladly shared this recipe Tropical Granola Clusters with Brazil Nuts but also mentioned that "I normally put more oatmeal in than they call for, and use whatever I have laying around.  In this case I think I used pecans, sliced almonds and full almonds, sunflower seeds and shelled flax seed.  Along with the coconut of course." Thanks for sharing Suzi!


Fuze Shape Drink: I've never had one of these drinks before. 

I'm a water girl but I just had to give this drink a try. Sooooo tasty! Suzi was right when she said that "it's much less chemical-filled than other flavored water or juices." I've tried some other flavored drinks that don't sit so well in my tummy, but this one didn't upset my tummy one bit. Win!

Suzi also sent along this cute little card with a nice, long hand-written note which made everything just right:
I'm so happy I signed up to Foodie Penpals.

Thank you Suzi and Michelle for sharing my first Foodie Penpal experience with me.
 

Want to become a FOODIE PENPAL??

Click Here to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
If you’re in the UK, please contact  Carol Anne @ This Is Rock Salt.
I highly recommend Foodie Penpals to anyone who likes food :)  

It is all that and a spoonful of nut butter! YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment